22 March 2020
TUTOR Joanna Peace
DAY Sunday 2 – 5pm
DATES 22 March
LOCATION Art Studios
During this workshop we will use the immediate surroundings of House for an Art Lover as a site for reading, writing and walking. There is a rich tradition of writing through walking in the city, from Virginia Woolf to Teju Cole, and we will explore some of this writing as inspiration for our own.
Using quick writing exercises, we will develop new ways of paying attention to our built and natural environment, and connect these observations to our own interior worlds.
Participants will leave this workshop with:
• Practical techniques and creative approaches for writing
• Appreciation of their existing knowledge, experience and capabilities
• Original writing to develop independently
• Expanded knowledge of writers from across genres
• Confidence in sharing writing-in-progress with peers: with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Joanna Peace is an artist, writer and educator based in Glasgow. Committed to supporting creative writing practice, Joanna has worked with a number of groups and organisations across Scotland and internationally on writing and publishing projects. Her own works in fiction, poetry and criticism have been widely published, performed and exhibited. Joanna has held Lecturer positions at the Glasgow School of Art and Plymouth College of Art, and is a founding member of Publication Studio Glasgow. She holds a Masters from the Glasgow School of Art and in 2017 completed a PG Cert in Learning & Teaching.