27 & 28 July 2019
TUTOR Mobile Print Studio
DAY Saturday & Sunday 1 – 4pm
DATES 27 & 28 July
LOCATION Art Studios
This 2-day workshop will take you through the playful process of collagraph printing. In this first half of the workshop you will build your plates using a selection of materials and work into these to create a range of marks and textures, and then experimenting with colour to make series of dynamic prints in the second session.
Suitable for complete beginners and those with experience wanting to develop their skills.
Structure and Course Content
– Introduction to Collagraph printing.
– Experimenting with different materials and using mono-printing to explore potential textural combinations.
– Building a selection of Collagraph plates using a variety of materials and tools in both a reductive and additive way.
– Plates can be made to hold fine lines, rougher textures or a combination of the two.
– Varnishing plates.
– Ink mixing and printing.
– Experimenting with colour blends and wiping effects.
– Participants will come away with a series of prints on paper.
Mobile Print Studio is a Glasgow based partnership run by local artists David Farrar and Fionnuala McGowan, delivering pop-up printmaking workshops within the community and hosting a laser cutting service in their East End studio.
David Farrar graduated from The Glasgow School of Art in 2013 with BA (hons) in Fine Art: Painting & Printmaking. He has attended several residency programs and has exhibited nationally and internationally. He now lives and works in Glasgow as a printmaking technician in The Glasgow School of Art.
Fionnuala McGowan graduated from The Glasgow School of Art in 2014 with BA (hons) in Fine Art: Painting & Printmaking. She has exhibited across the UK and Ireland and now lives and works in Glasgow as a Laser Cutting Technician in The Glasgow School of Art.